October 17, 2011

Scriptures To Strengthen Yourself By

The Mountain Top

Here are some of the verses that have encouraged me during my husband's sabbatical. Hopefully, you found your way here through my last post, Strengthen Yourself in the Lord. If you missed it, please follow the link and read about our journey toward trusting God with every area of our life.

Psalm 17:14b-15 "You still the hunger of those you cherish; their sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children. And I--in righteousness (faith) I will see Your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied by seeing Your likeness."

Proverbs 15:15 "All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast."

From the Mom Cave

Psalm 31:24 "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

Luke 12:32-34 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell what you have and give alms, provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Bread of Heaven

Psalm 91:9-12 "Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone."

Psalm 91:14-16 (I read this as God speaking to me.) "Because [she] has set [her] love upon me, therefore I will deliver [her]; I will set [her] on high because [she] has known My name. [She] shall call upon Me, and I will answer [her]; I will be with [her] in trouble; I will deliver [her] and honor [her]. With long life I will satisfy [her], and show [her] my salvation."

Finally, this note in my Revival Study Bible (click image to learn more about it) also encouraged me for this season:


"The Waiting Room of God: It is interesting to note that the book of Acts begins in complete inactivity...Revival comes to those who are willing to spend time waiting on the Lord. It has been said that revival often happens after midnight. This is not so much a commentary...as it represents an attitude and posture that makes room for a move of God...Revival takes place when the clock submits to the moment, when chronos [earth time] submits to kairos [the fullness of time, the right time]."

Waiting On the Lord

2 comments:

  1. Especially love the 'Bread of Heaven' photo--it's good to be reminded we're the apple of His eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This line struck me: "Revival comes to those who are willing to spend time waiting on the Lord." I am waiting-challenged, but my sense and awareness of the need to be willing to wait, to slow myself down, to pause in anticipation and gratitude is growing. It's amazing the joy I find when I surrender to waiting on Him, and confess to Him that I trust Him and will wait for the perfection of whatever it is that will come.

    And thanks for the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete