June 8, 2011

Pushing the Button

Cry
I am hurting. I want off this roller coaster ride.

This is the cry of my heart.

Stop Button
You have the controls to the roller coaster. I'm sitting right beside you, and I've shown you the off button. When you're ready to press it, you're free to step off and never get back on.

These are the words the Holy Spirit deposited very clearly and distinctly into my spirit.

The trick is pushing the button. That's what I'm thinking about today.

This is how I feel
I'm not sure I really know how to do that yet, but yesterday my friend prayed for me. She prayed that the wonderful part of me--the part that chases hard after understanding, that goes after figuring things out, that tries hard to fix things--she prayed for that part of me to go still for a time; to rest and allow God to work in the secret places in quiet and solitude.

She also advised that I go ditzy for a bit...to put some wide-eyed wonderment in my expression and take all input in through the airhead portal rather than the analyzing portal.

This is how I want to feel
So in a gallant effort to let my inner airhead lead today, I spent 15 minutes watching these Ray Stevens videos on YouTube. Hope you have as much fun as I did.

The Streak

The Global Warming Song

The Mississippi Squirrel Revival

It's Me Again Margaret!

Sittin' Up with the Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment