June 13, 2011

A Time to be Born, and a Time to Die

For Everything There is a Season
I'm sure some of you noticed that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I didn't want another week to go by without a word from me. These past few weeks have been a time of great loss. Three weeks ago I had a falling out with some very dear friends. As things are not fully resolved, I have not felt at liberty to speak from my heart on any matters for fear of further isolating myself from any of them.


Added to that loss, last week a dear man, a father figure to my brothers and myself, was hospitalized with pneumonia as a complication of treatment for bone cancer. Having offered to stand in as point person for the first week of his hospitalization, I had the privilege and honor to speak daily with the wonderful nurses caring for him. He was never able to speak on the phone, but one of my brothers was able to go and be with him for a day.


They had a nice visit, and my brother was able to share memories with him and to convey in person the love we all have for him. After his visit, my brother took on the position of point person in communicating with the nurses, and he sent an e-mail today letting us all know that his passing today was peaceful and painless.


In honor of his life and in honor of my grieving process for this loss and the unresolved conflict between my friends and me, I will continue for a little longer with my pause in writing.


As I wrote in another post today, I'm confident that next week will be a better week for writing!


~Angela

2 comments:

  1. Blessings and peace to you as you work through this time of loss. I will keep in your prayers as I'm sure you're keeping me in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend and for the loss of relationship with your friends. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete