March 8, 2011

Comfort & Joy

Saying Goodbye
Today is the last day I will be writing from our little house on the Lake. I say that with sadness. Tonight is the last night we will spend the night in our tiny little house that has been home for four years. We have raised our boy here, and our little girl has never known anywhere else as home.

This community has enveloped us and has given us a sense of safety, security, and joy that I've never known anywhere since living at home with my parents. I am going to sorely miss the friendly faces, the little store, and our wonderful, kind, and generous neighbors here.

Saying Goodbye
Yesterday, I took all our precious cargo back to the library. I went by myself since I wasn't going to be checking anything new out, and I have to admit that I cried when I walked out. It was so unceremonious. I left the books on the counter with a librarian I've never met before. I resisted the urge to go and say goodbye to the children's librarians.

Now I'm wishing I hadn't been so quick to leave without saying goodbye. The Mount Vernon Library has the most wonderful staff, especially in the children's section. I'm really going to miss their friendly smiling faces each week. I'm grateful that my friend was there with me to witness the moment, hug me, and encourage me to feel the losses this week. I know this is an important step in saying goodbye.

Saying Goodbye
There will be many more moments of surprise like that as we finish up our last week in this community that has become our home away from Home. I can't say I have a heavy heart exactly, but I suppose it is heavy like a cloud is heavy with rain.

I will cry. I will laugh. I will maybe even yell (because I'm stressed, and I just might lose it at least one more time this week). But that's the good news! I will feel it all. This is what I have learned here...to feel my feelings, to accept my process, to be at one with myself. I will not deny myself the tears, and I will not deny myself the great mirth I feel at the thought of being somewhere new.

And of course, my wonderful Friend and Savior had some words to share with me in the quiet of this morning. I will share them with you and hope they bring you as much comfort and joy as they brought to my heart!

Freedom
Job 36:16 (NIV)
He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food.

A Spacious Place Free From Restriction
Jeremiah 31:12-13 (NIV)
They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the Lord--the new grain, the new wine and the oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more. Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old alike. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

I will see you on the other side. Until then, I pray for the peace and comfort of the Father of all compassion and all comforts to rest upon you and your families.

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment