January 21, 2011

Day 21: Lighten Up

Lighten Up
Haha! I wrote that title just for myself. I have been in a heavy mode for the past couple of weeks, and I'm coming out of it finally. I decided to abandon the rest of my discussion about Achan. It's totally depressing what happens, and I think last time I really got out of the whole study what I needed to for myself. These past couple of days have been so full for me that I haven't had a minute to think or breathe for the most part. Please know that I'm just reporting, not feeling negative about it at all.

In the moments I have had to think on things, I have realized that all of my writing has gotten a little heavy for me lately. After a long discussion with my mom tonight, I have decided I need to lighten up in all my blogs. Therefore, rather than continuing this heavy discussion about strongholds (which I think is important enough to return to at a later date), I want to talk about something else on my heart. Studying God's Word in general.

I just started a study with a friend on Colossians. We are going verse by verse, sharing our thoughts about it--very light, but very powerful. She and I did a study on Romans many years ago this same way via e-mail when she was out of the country for a time. I am so excited about it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in mind for us as we learn and pray for each other every day.

As I was doing my study today, I remembered that some of my sisters in the 30 Days of Praise group have been looking up verses about particular words, like praise and joy. I love word studies. They're my absolute favorite way to study the Bible, so I'm working on finding a word that means something to me to study about each day in these posts.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have found my word and you'll be able to read all about it.

Until then, I wish for you sound sleep, sweet dreams, and insight and solutions to problems upon waking.

~Angela

P.S. Once again, when I typed in "lighten up" in Google images, I found a great photo and an interesting article that dovetails with the precise topic I've written about.

No comments:

Post a Comment