January 10, 2011

Day 9: Sunday Break

It felt so good to leave my computer off all day long yesterday. Never turned it on once, though I did turn my hubby's laptop on for about two minutes to see if there was anything I could do to ease the discomfort of too-cold fingers coming in from playing in the snow! But I resisted the temptation to "check in" with the "real world," and boy am I glad, especially since I believe the "real world" of Facebook and e-mail can slip into yet another distraction from the real world of inner peace and fulfilling the individual calls God has given each of us.

Hope your Sunday was restful. My prayers were with each of you as I was considering the struggles of remembering the things I am fasting from besides sugar. It was becoming far too easy to slip into showing my annoyance yesterday. Thankfully, my husband is quick to forgive, as is the Lord, and I'm learning to be quicker to forgive myself and start fresh. His mercies are new every morning!

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment